HOME FRAGRANCE FAQs
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- By placing an order, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions set out below. If you DO NOT agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you may not place an order with ELLIE SHAI.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Your attention is particularly drawn to the following Sections (RIGHT TO CANCEL; NO RETURNS; REFUNDS; NO ORDER ALTERATIONS), Section 4 and Section 5 (PRICE AND PAYMENT), and Section 17 and Section 18 (LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; FDA DISCLAIMER). These provisions limit our liability to you and affect how disputes are resolved.
- We use 2 different types of Candle Wax for our Jar Candles, Soy Wax and a Coconut-Soy Wax Blend.
- We use Paraffin Wax for our Abstract and Sculpted Candles.
- Phthalate-Free Fragrance Oils
- Cotton Wicks coated with natural wax.
- Our Fragrance Oils are a combination of both Natural and Synthetic Oils. We use these oils solely for our Home Fragrance Collection of Candles, Wax Melts, Car Diffusers and Body Products.
- The percentage of each Fragrance Oil blend varies from Product to Product. Some are formulated specifically for application to human skin, while others are not.
- Please be mindful that Fragrance Diffuser Oils are formulated specifically for our Diffusers. Please do not mix Fragrance Diffuser Oil into other products or apparatuses of any kind.
- Customer assumes all risks and subsequent results from failing to adhere to our Proper Use Guidelines.
- While we do offer Essential Oils, Our Fragrance Oils are not Essential Oils.
- We have a few Fragrance Oils and Essential Oils that have similar names, they can not and should not be used interchangeably.
- Essential Oils and Fragrance Oils are placed in two different categories on our website. They are also properly labeled with adequate warnings and Proper Use Instructions.
- Please Do Not use them in any device or apparatus not meant explicitly for Essential Oils.
- Customer assumes all risks and subsequent results from failing to adhere to our Warnings and Proper Use Guidelines.
- While we do offer massage candles, We Do Not recommend all of our candles for massage purposes.
- Unless otherwise expressed, Please only use products as described by category.
- Please read our Warnings and Proper Use Instructions.
CANDLE “WET SPOTS”
- Changes in temperature can lead to what looks like a wet spot on your candle. It may give the appearance that there is water in your candle.
- Don’t worry this is just a sign that the wax shrunk and pulled away from the glass during the candle cooling, shipping or storage period.
- Your candle is fine to use, the “wet spot” is purely cosmetic. We do everything we can to prevent this from occurring.
- It doesn’t impact the candles ability to burn correctly or safely. If you go to any major retailer, you will see the same thing on their shelves.
ARE CANDLES HANDCRAFTED?
Yes! All candles are created in-house from scratch. We use high quality, non-toxic fragrance oils to create our small batches. Candle Making, Packaging and Shipping all takes place under our umbrella.
- The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Your product and its packaging may vary slightly from its advertised images on the website, as a result of lighting, your device’s display, etc.
- During candle making occasionally some candles may vary in color. Some may be an off-white color, others may have a yellowish tint to them because of the fragrance oil used. Some fragrance oils are almost clear, while others have a slight yellow tint. Your candle is fine, Please Enjoy!
- Due to supply chain issues with our manufacturers, your packaging may vary. These issues are beyond our control, thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
- Packaging includes but is not limited to: Jar Type, Jar Color, Lid Type, Lid Color, Box Size, Box Color, Paper Color, Label Color, etc. The size of your product will not vary, if you ordered an 8oz. candle that is what you will receive. We do our best to alert customers by updating the product selections (Amber Jar), (Clear Jar), (Gold Top), (Black Top), etc.
- Each product purchased is sold subject to its product description. We take all reasonable care to ensure that all detailed descriptions and prices are accurate on the website.
- However, we cannot guarantee the website’s accuracy at all times. We may occasionally make typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions related to pricing and availability. We reserve the right to correct any inaccuracies or omissions at any time. We reserve the right to cancel any orders arising from such occurrences.
- If your candles are producing black smoke or residue while burning, please blow or snuff out the flame immediately.
- This happens if your wick hasn’t been trimmed, your wick is too long and making the flame(s) too high. The excess heat causes the candle to burn hotter than intended.
- It also happens when you burn your candles for several hours, when the wax is almost gone and the vessel is almost empty.
- Be sure to trim you candle prior to each use to prevent this from occurring again in the future.
- Our Candle Jars and Tins are reusable for storage if cleaned thoroughly after wax has melted.
- Please do not use vessels to store any food, facial or body-related products.
- Lightly Shake before use, as separation of ingredients over time is completely normal.
- Store in a Cool, Dry place out of direct heat and sunlight to avoid fragrance breakdown. Store upright in a bedroom, hall closet, cupboard or drawer.
- Please Be Advised that Bathroom & Kitchen humidity has a tendency to speed up fragrance breakdown if stored here long term.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- ALL PRODUCTS OFFERED ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY (A) WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY; (B) WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; OR (C) WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY; WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE, OR OTHERWISE. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED OR OTHER WARRANTIES SO THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR ENHANCED DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES OR DIMINUTION IN VALUE, ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATING TO, AND/OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY BREACH OF THESE TERMS, REGARDLESS OF (A) WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE, (B) WHETHER OR NOT WE WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND (C) THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) UPON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED.
- OUR SOLE AND ENTIRE MAXIMUM LIABILITY, FOR ANY REASON, AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE PRODUCTS YOU HAVE ORDERED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE, VENDOR EVENTS OR WHOLESALE DISTRIBUTION POINT.
- The limitation of liability set forth above shall: (i) only apply to the extent permitted by law and (ii) shall not apply to (A) liability resulting from our gross negligence or willful misconduct and (B) death or bodily injury resulting from our acts or omissions.
The statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration). The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information presented here is not meant to substitute for or be alternative information from healthcare practitioners. Please consult your healthcare providers about possible interactions or other potential complications before using these products. The Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetics Act requires this notice be provided to our customers.